Sony Creative Software Inc. - Vegas Pro 8

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Work at Home? Make Money Blogging

Can you really make money working from home? I spent hours and hours looking at Work at Home sites only to find they are all the same and want to sell you their book or video telling you how to place ads, etc. They make you think you can just type in the ad and make money for your time, but what they really want is for you to spend hours and hours placing ads that they benefit from. They are mostly the same just worded a little different.

I have a friend who works from home for a medical company following up on insurance payments and processing. However, she won’t even give us the name because her daughter wants to get on if they ever get an opening. So where do we go? I am sure there are some legitimate job opportunities out there, but how do we find them?

I refuse to do the “Work at home scams”. They prey on people like me. I finally decided on one that actually showed a list that you could process rebates from and get paid for your time. Well, that was joke, first you have to generate the rebate list from your own ads, etc. But, I paid the money so I needed to try. In the process of looking for products to promote I found a book which helped me a lot. It is “Work From Home – Make Money Blogging”. This book gives a lot of information on how to set up a blog, set up affiliate accounts, list your blog on directories, get your adsense account, etc. Some people feel this is all free information and it is if we know where to go and what is available to us; but, for new people it is good information. It sells for $39 and once you download her book it is full of hotlinks that take you to the appropriate sites. We are not getting rich, yet, but both my daughter and I have made some money and we have only been working at it for 3 months. I am sure as we get more traffic, we will do better.

No comments: